2017 Honda CRF 250X
Track and Trail Champion.
Every off-roader wants the light weight, crisp handling, and razor-sharp performance of a racebike. But everyone also wants it to be easier to ride, more forgiving, and offer the reliability of a machine that’s not on the ragged edge. Oh yeah, and it can’t cost a million bucks, either. Well, you’re in luck, because Honda’s CRF250X offers the best of both worlds, with none of the drawbacks.
Based on our popular and podium-friendly MX racer, the CRF250X is powered by a four-stroke Unicam® engine modified for optimum off-road riding. We’ve also specially tuned the suspension for the trails, and given the rugged transmission wide-ratio gearing to handle whatever conditions you come across.
Then there’s the electric starter that puts you on the fast track with the push of a button. So take a look at the CRF250X. We think you’ll like what you see.
Track Proven: With its Unicam® cylinder head, this liquid-cooled four-stroke puts out loads of power over a wide rpm band for maximum trail performance.
Easy Starts: Our push-button electric starter offers all-around convenience, whether you’re starting out on your ride or quickly restarting in tough conditions.
- Works-Style Front Brake: Compact twin-piston front brake caliper, anodized-aluminum brake pistons and lightweight 240mm front disc offers great stopping power while minimizing unsprung weight for improved turning and handling.
- Renthal Handlebar: Aluminum Renthal handlebar (971 bend) is rubber-mounted to help reduce rider fatigue and improve comfort.
- Electric Starter: Electric start system ensures trouble-free starting in all conditions. It also drives the clutch side of the crankshaft to provide superior lubrication to starter gears while producing a narrow engine with a short, strong crank.
- Dual Radiators: Dual radiators feature a refined core area for improved heat dissipation compared with conventional dual-radiator designs.
- Superior Ergonomics: Placing the rider’s legs at the narrowest part of the frame helps improve comfort and handling.
- Compact, Lightweight 249cc Unicam® Engine: Honda’s Unicam design features a single overhead camshaft and four-valve head for a powerful yet compact powerplant. Since the single camshaft sits low and takes up less space, overall engine height is more compact. It also permits a narrow included valve angle for excellent flame propagation in the combustion chamber even at higher compression ratios.
- Gear-Driven Counterbalancer: The Gear-Driven Counterbalancer reduces vibration and drives the water pump. Eight clutch plates provide the surface area necessary to handle the engine's massive torque, while carefully matched clutch springs provide a light feel at the lever.
- Twin-Sump Lubrication: Twin-sump lubrication system separates the oil supply for the crankshaft, and the piston and valve train from the clutch and transmission. This ensures a cool supply of oil to the clutch, eliminates clutch and transmission material contamination of the engine oil, reduces the amount of circulating oil and permits the use of a smaller oil pump.
- Works-Style Rear Brake: HRC works-type rear brake system with a 240mm brake rotor to its integrated rear master-cylinder and fluid reservoir, a set-up that eliminates the separate reservoir and hose.
- Removable Subframe: Removable rear subframe allows easier access to the engine and shock and simplifies maintenance.
- 18-Inch Rear Wheel: 18-inch rear wheel features same lightweight rear hub and HRC works-type lightweight-aluminum spoke nipples as used on CRF250R.
- LED Tail light: LED tail light integrated into rear fender. It’s light, compact and rigid.
- Engine Type: 249cc liquid-cooled single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore And Stroke: 78 mm x 52.2 mm
- Ignition: Keihin® 37 mm flat-slide carburetor with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- Ignition: CD with electronic advance and lighting coil
- Compression Ratio: 12.9:1
- Valve Train: Unicam®, four-valve; 31 mm intake valve, 26 mm exhaust valve
- Starting: Electric and Kick
- Transmission: Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive: #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 14T/53T
- Front Suspension: 47 mm inverted Showa® cartridge fork with 16-position rebound- and 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 12.4-in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® Showa® single shock with spring-preload, 17-position rebound-damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 240 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Rear Brake: Single 240 mm disc
- Front Tire: 80/100-21
- Rear Tire: 100/100-18
- Rake: 27.54 deg. (Caster Angle)
- Trail: 118 mm (4.7 in.)
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in.
- Seat Height: 37.7 in.
- Curb Weight: 254 lb. (includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel-ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 1.9 gal.
- Ground Clearance: 13.6 in.
- Model Id: CRF250X
- Emissions: Meets current California Air Resource Board (CARB) and EPA off-road emissions standards.
- Available Colors: Red
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Bore and Stroke
- 78 mm x 52.2 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® 37 mm flat-slide carburetor with Throttle Position Sensor (TPS)
- CD with electronic advance and lighting coil
- Front Suspension
- 47 mm inverted Showa® cartridge fork with 16-position rebound- and 16-position compression-damping adjustability; 12.4-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 240 mm disc with twin-piston caliper
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® Showa® single shock with spring-preload, 17-position rebound-damping adjustability, and compression damping adjustment separated into low-speed (13 positions) and high-speed (3.5 turns); 12.4 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm disc
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 254 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.9 gal.
- 58.3 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 13.6 in.
- Seat Height
- 37.7 in.
- 118 mm (4.7 in.)
- 27.54 deg.
- Wide-ratio five-speed
- Final Drive
- #520 T-ring-sealed chain; 14T/53T