2018 Honda CTX700 DCT
Accessorized Model Shown
Honda’s fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Honda’s CTX700 DCT doesn’t look like a traditional motorcycle, because it’s anything but old fashioned. We got where we are in the world by innovating, and the CTX700 is a perfect example of how innovative a motorcycle can be, while still embracing the best parts of the sport. Here’s a bike that combines light weight, low seat height, superior weather protection, and plenty of easy-to-use power. Best of all it comes with Honda’s exclusive automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT).
What else does it offer? First, CTX700 has a full fairing for superior comfort and weather protection no matter the distance of your ride. Plus, the laid-back riding position, including the forward-set hand controls and footpegs, are perfect for relaxed street rides. And while the CTX700 may be advanced, we’ve left plenty room for you to keep improving it. Our full range of Honda Accessories lets you set it up with saddlebags, backrests, and just about any other touring- or comfort-related feature you can imagine.
Technology Comes Standard: The CTX700 DCT comes with an automatic transmission and Anti-Lock brakes. With the automatic DCT transmission, you can shift with the push of a handlebar-mounted button, or select the automatic mode and the bike will shift itself. Plus, ABS provides improved stopping in less than ideal conditions.
Comfort for the Long Haul: You’ll really appreciate the innovative design of the CTX700 DCT on long rides. With its relaxed riding position, it allows you to really settle down into the bike and stretch out. The up-front pegs and low seat make it easy to put your feet down at stoplights, too.
Power, and Then Some: The CTX700’s 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin engine produces tons of torque and enough power for easy two-up touring. Honda twins are famous for their wide powerbands and fuel efficiency, and this engine is one of our best.
Urban Escape Vehicle: We want the CTX700 to be a bike you’ll ride every day, not just on weekends. That’s why we went out of our way to design in user-friendly features like the integrated storage—perfect for items you need to access fast.
Designed for Comfort: With its full-coverage fairing and windscreen, the CTX700 lets you enjoy long trips in comfort. But that fairing is a great choice for commuters on chilly mornings too—this is a bike that can really do it all.
Dial it in: A wide array of Honda accessories designed specifically for the CTX700 is available to help you get what you want out of your ride. Best of all, they feature the same quality and durability you’ve come to expect from Honda.
- 670cc Parallel-Twin Engine: With its cylinders tipped 62 degrees forward for better weight distribution, the CTX700’s engine is a big step forward in modern powerplant design. The two-cylinder format produces tons of low- and mid-range torque, and the 270-degree-phase crank and uniaxial primary balancer make it smooth, too.
- Integrated Storage Compartment: The CTX700 offers a convenient utility compartment that’s in the fuel-tank area, making it easy to reach.
- Diamond-Shaped Steel Frame: Light, strong, and with just the right amount of stiffness, the CTX700’s rigid and compact chassis is the foundation for precise handling.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: Offering 4.3 inches of rear-wheel travel and teamed with a Honda Multi-Action System (HMAS) rear shock, the CTX700 eats up rough pavement while giving you a smoother ride.
- 41mm Fork: With 4.2 inches of travel, the CTX700 soaks up the bumps and jolts in rough pavement, but also provides excellent handling and superior feedback through the handlebar.
- Cast Aluminum 17-inch Wheels: The 17-inch wheels give you a wide choice of premium tires to choose from, and really help the CTX700 handle like a pro on the street. The cast wheels are light and strong, too.
- Front- and Rear-Disc Brakes with ABS: Single front- and rear-disc brakes give the CTX700 DCT great stopping power. You also get anti-lock brakes (ABS) for the best possible stopping power, especially under challenging conditions.
- Full-Coverage Fairing: With its full-coverage fairing and windscreen, the CTX700 really adds to your comfort on long trips. The fairing upper and lower components are unique to this model, and are integrated with the rest of the bike.
- LCD Instrument Panel: Full digital LCD instrumentation includes digital speedometer, digital bar-type tachometer, clock, low-fuel gauge, and two tripmeters. The instruments are light, compact, and easy to read, too.
- Electronic Fuel Injection: Honda’s Electronic Fuel Injection means easy startups on cold mornings and flawless running even at high elevations.
- Automatic Transmission: Shift with the push of a handlebar-mounted button, or select the CTX700’s automatic mode and the bike will shift itself. Honda’s Automatic Dual-Clutch Transmission (DCT) has been a huge hit, and once you ride a CTX700 with DCT, you’ll see why.
- Low Seat Height: With a seat height of just 28.3 inches, the CTX700 is confidence-inspiring and comfortable. Combine that with the forward-set controls, and it’s easy to flat-foot it at stoplights or in parking lots.
- Relaxed Rider Position: The CTX700 was designed for a comfortable, confidence-inspiring ride. The rider triangle was designed to provide a relaxed riding position for most riders, so you won't feel cramped up after just a few miles down the road.
- Low Center of Gravity: The CTX700's low center of gravity makes for a more confidence inspiring, all-around riding experience.
- Engine Type: 670cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 73 mm x 80 mm
- Induction: PGM-FI with 36 mm throttle body
- Ignition: Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Valve Train: SOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Automatic six speed with two modes and a manual mode
- Final Drive: Chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork, 4.2 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock, 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brake: Single 320 mm disc with two-piston caliper; Honda ABS
- Rear Brake: Single 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper; Honda ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70-17
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17
- Rake: 27.7 deg.
- Trail: 114.0 mm (4.4 in.)
- Wheelbase: 60.2 in.
- Seat Height: 28.3 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 3.17 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 61 MPG*
- Model ID: CTX700D
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. California version meets current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Chromosphere Red
- One Year: Transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 73 mm x 80 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 36 mm throttle body
- Digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Automatic six speed with two modes and a manual mode
- Final Drive
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork, 4.2 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock, 4.3 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Single 320 mm disc with two-piston caliper; Honda ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single 240 mm disc with single-piston caliper; Honda ABS
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 60.2 in.
- Seat Height
- 28.3 in.
- 27.7 deg.
- 114.0 mm (4.4 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.17 gal.
- 61 mpg
- Chromosphere Red
- One year transferable, unlimited-mileage limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan.